vineri, 17 iulie 2009

salvation?


I stood there wondering why the world is round, why did I ended up beeing a girl, why was I born in the first place, no one seemed to want me anyway...and as I looked at the landscape I saw outside the window with my knees tight to my chest, a stange question came in my mind...I lifted my head up and looked lost at the wall in front of me...

"Am I saved?" I wispered...

"Of course you are! You go to church, you go on a mission with the youth, you`ve been baptised! How can`t you be saved?"

"No...I mean: am I really saved?
Salvation is not about going to church, even the evil one is there, is not about knowing the Bible, even the devil knows it, better than I...Salvation is about practicing the Bible, telling others about Jesus, not because you have to, not because you are afraid you won`t go to heaven if you don`t, but because you love others...it`s not enough to believe in Jesus to be saved, even the devil believes and he is terrified.
It`s not enough to be baptised, even if all of these are necessary! Baptism is the covenant that you will live like Jesus! "Whoever claims to live in Him must walk like Jesus did" (1John2:6)
Beeing saved means that the Spirit of God is the one which leads your life. Is the Holly Spirit the leader of your life?"
....I stood there quietly, and after a great strugle, God showed me I was saved...but not before I took a big test.
But what about you? Are you saved?

Niciun comentariu: